This is the recipe of a gentle and rich face scrub that is very easy to do (required 2 to 3 ingredients , and ready within few minutes), cost effective and that explores all the vertus of sweet almond. If you are new to green beauty and you are looking for a 100% vegan face scrub recipe, this is definitely the recipe for you.
To have healthy skin, it is recommended to perform a scrub once a week or once every two weeks depending on the imperfections of your skin. When you’re a mom, you do not necessarily have time to make homemade cosmetics that are complicated. The good news is that we do not need to be complicated to benefit from the virtues of natural products available to us. Here is a simple vegan face scrub recipe to cleanse your skin. Tested and approved 🙂
What you need to make your vegan face scrub:
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond butter.
- 1 teaspoon of sweet almond powder.
- If your skin is prone to acne: 1/2 teaspoon musk rose oil (optional ingredient therefore).
How to make this natural face scrub with coconut and almond powder?
- Sweet almond butter is soft and is normally easy to handle (this is also a great asset of this butter).
- Add your almond powder little by little in your almond butter, while stirring with a fork. You can use a small whisk but I personally find the fork much easier to handle (with the whip, you will leave butter stuck between the “rails”).
- Add the rosehip oil (optional)
Note: if your mask is not fluid enough, you can add a few sweet almond oils or another vegetable oil compatible with your skin type.
And that’s all! (when I told you it would be easy as 1-2-3).
Benefits of using sweet almond powder:
Sweet almond powder is fine and allows a very gentle exfoliation. For that reason it is just perfect for your face where the skin is much thinner and more delicate than the rest of the body. On top of that, it contains all the nutritional riches of almonds (fatty acids and vitamins).
How to exfoliate your face with your almond powder scrub?
I particularly love this vegan face scrub recipe since it is really easy to prepare and the scrub is so easy to apply. There is another recipe scrub with sweet almond powder (with honey) but I find it much more sticky and difficult to handle, On the other hand, I prefer this vegan recipe.
To apply it:
- Put some of your scrub with the almond powder in the hand;
- Apply it on the clean and wet skin, with light circular massages, without rubbing (and avoid distending the tissues);
- Massage from the inside to the outside. If you have a little bit of your solution, you can go down on the neck and neckline;
- Rinse in warm water with a washcloth or washable cleansing towel.
And do not forget: everything is in regularity. An application once a week of this mask will give strength and flexibility to the epidermis of your face!
There you go! If you have other vegan face scrub recipes do not hesitate to share 🙂